Each month we explore pop culture (we kind of have to, it's in our title), 80's and 90's nostalgia, movie and TV trends, old school toys & games, tropes, urban myths, and more. Commentary, criticisms, and opinions abound. Stick around, you might just be entertained.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Top Five Genre Short Films

I have never been much of a reader, so I often gravitate toward short stories.  In my opinion, ten pages or fewer is perfect.  Give me the set-up, the background, and then get to the punchline.  I feel the same way about movies sometimes.  I'm fine investing my time in a full length movie most of the time, but occasionally I just want to watch something for ten minutes and be done with it.

5) MAMA - This little slice of terror is the basis for the underrated horror film of the same name that came out earlier this year. It just came out on DVD and I highly recommend you see it if you haven't already.


4) THE CAT WITH HUMAN HANDS - I can't remember how I came across this, but I seem to forget about it and then run across it again every two or three years.


3) SUCKABLOOD - Sounds like a blacksploitation vampire movie.  It isn't.


2) THE WINTER STALKER - Christmas horror films are always the best....so it stands to reason that short films would be good too.


1) STRUCTURE KILL - Hey!!!  There's a killer in your backseat....and his ghost girlfriend is clingy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment