Each month we explore pop culture (we kind of have to, it's in our title), 80's and 90's nostalgia, movie and TV trends, old school toys & games, tropes, urban myths, and more. Commentary, criticisms, and opinions abound. Stick around, you might just be entertained.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Petite Feet: The Wedding Playlist Blues


Image found via Tumblr
I love all kinds of music....but fully admit that a lot of it is crap.  I find equal musical validity in The Beatles and Flight of the Conchords.  I love both Rob Zombie and Backstreet Boys.  When I go to karaoke I am equally tempted to perform Taco's "Putting on the Ritz" and Korn's "Falling Away From Me."  I have issues.  Thankfully most of them are musical.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to put together a playlist for my wedding and my musical tastes are making it difficult to create a playlist that anyone will "get" or find "danceable."  If I had my way the playlist would be half parody songs by Weird Al Yankovic and the other half would be mash-ups from Glee.  I'm sure I would have a blast, but I don't think anyone else would.  This thing is driving me crazy.

Image found via Tumblr
This morning I decide to do another run-through of playlist to check it for maximum dancetasticness and found it somewhat lacking.  I immediately deleted several songs that I felt didn't fit (Is "Tom Sawyer" by Rush really a wedding song?).  Then I decided to add some new songs and decided that the Devlin and Ghostdad Remix of "Petite Feet" by Tim and Eric had to make an appearance.  It fulfills all my requirements: it's funny and I can get on the dance floor and shake my rump.  It also helps that my fiance loves this song and thinks it is hilarious when I dance to it. On the flip side, I have always felt that people need to recognize songs at wedding in order to want to dance.  And I seriously doubt anyone else at my wedding will know what the hell "Petite Feet" is.  I feel bad for their ignorance, but don't have time to school everyone at my wedding on the comedy of Tim and Eric.

So, I think the song would be a great inclusion in our special day.  However, since I also thought that "Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie was going to be the first dance at my wedding (when I was 17), I feel like I can't really be trusted.

Hell, I briefly had a Spice Girls song in the mix.  I REALLY can't be trusted.

Petite Feet






No comments:

Post a Comment